I am so excited to be sharing a savory recipe with you guys today. The truth is, I love to cook savory food as much as I love to bake! It’s just a little harder to take the time to photograph dinner sometimes before my family scarfs it down. This dinner is perfect for a mid-week meal when you don’t want to spend more than 30 minutes in the kitchen cooking. You can have this pasta hot and ready to eat in 30 minutes or less and it’s something the whole family will love.
This dish starts with a creamy sauce made from Parmesan cheese, cream, pasta water, lemons and sugar. Yes, I said sugar, just trust me! It’s loaded with green sweat peas, shallots, bacon and pasta shells. Pasta shells are the perfect vessel to soak up all the delicious Parmesan cream sauce in this dish. Seriously what’s not to love in a dish that involves bacon, pasta and CHEESE! The ultimate comfort food. And the best part is it’s done in 30 minutes or less!
Tips & Tricks:
- If you want to get fancy, you can use pancetta in place of the bacon in this dish.
- If you have a hard time finding shallots, you can substitute them with 1/4 cup very finely diced red onion
- I like to buy fancy Parmesan cheese in large chunks from the cheese counter but you can totally use pre-grated Parmesan in a pinch. Just don’t use the kind that comes in a shaker bottle! That kind is no good!
- If you don’t have pasta shells on hand, you can substitute the shells for whatever kind of pasta you have.
- This dish tastes even better as leftovers. I ate it for 4 days after I made it!