It’s that time of the year where I have more zucchini than I know what to do with. Every time I go out to my garden, I swear I have another zucchini. I can’t complain though, I love it! There are so many different things you can do with zucchini but what’s more classic than Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread? There are hundreds, if not thousands of Zucchini Bread recipes out there but I have to say, I think mine is the best! It’s moist, chuck full of zucchini (which you really can’t even detect) and loaded with chocolate chips. It is the ultimate summertime treat if you grow zucchini!
If you are looking for a healthy, refined sugar-free Zucchini Bread, you’ve come to the wrong place because this recipe may be loaded with zucchini but it still has all the good stuff like sugar and oil! It’s a treat for sure but with the amount zucchini that’s in it, you still feel like you’re getting in a good serving of vegetables so you don’t feel as bad eating it!
Tips & Tricks:
- The easiest way to shred zucchini is with a food processor with a shredding attachment. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a large cheese grater and shred by hand.
- If you have never squeezed out the excess moisture from zucchini, I like to use a cheese cloth or a really thin dish towel and put all the shredded zucchini in the center of the towel and then make a knapsack out of it and squeeze all the extra moisture out of the zucchini into the sink and then dump the squeezed out zucchini into the bowl of eggs/sugar.
- If you are not a fan of chocolate, you can substitute the chocolate chips for chopped walnuts.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
There are hundreds of zucchini recipes out there but this one is by far the best! It’s loaded with extra zucchini, which is virtually undetectable and so that makes it count as healthy right?
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (room temp)
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugars until smooth.
- Using a thin dish towel or cheese cloth, squeeze out the excess moisture from the 4 cups of zucchini.
- Add zucchini to the bowl and stir to combine until the zucchini is evenly dispersed.
- In a separate medium sized bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray and grease two 9.5×5 inch loaf pans liberally with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter evenly among the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife entered into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Let the bread cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the outside of the pans and carefully dump the loaves out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: Zucchini, Zucchini Bread, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Dessert, Worlds Best Zucchini Bread, Best Ever Zucchini Bread
Leave a Reply