Happy Tuesday! I am in the thick of laundry, preschool drop off and dishes. It’s real fun, let me tell ya! The good news is, I have a BRAND NEW cookie recipe for you. My Funfetti Birthday Cake Cookies are sure to brighten anyone’s day. These cookies are loaded with the classic Funfetti Cake flavor but with a sugar cookie texture. These are perfect for kids birthday parties, summer BBQs or really just because you’re craving something sweet. Kids and adults alike love them!
Tips & Tricks
- I know chilling is annoying and you want to have cookies ASAP but I promise you the chilling is worth it. If you skip this step, the cookies will bake into melted super flat cookies so just trust me on this one and chill the dough first!
- You’ll want to make sure and use jimmy sprinkles. They are the waxy elongated shape sprinkles (my personal fav). Do not use non-pareils!
- Store leftover cookie dough in the freezer for up to 3 months and use whenever you are craving some cookies. Just bake them for an additional 1-3 minutes.
Funfetti Birthday Cake Cookie
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles (jimmies)
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar on medium/high for 90 seconds.
- Add eggs and extracts and mix together on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients except for the sprinkles. Mix on medium/low until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in sprinkles gently until just combined.
- Scoop dough into 1/4 cup sized dough balls. Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours up to overnight.
- Once cookies have chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. There should be zero browning on the cookies.
- Let cookies cool on the pan before removing.