My husbands aunts are the best cooks I know. Every Memmott family party is a food lovers dream come true. Everything they make is from scratch and always incredible. When we were engaged, they threw me a bridal shower and they made the most delicious bran muffins with homemade raspberry freezer jam. I remember taking my first bite and being absolutely blown away. Since then I have tried to perfect their famous bran muffins but always come up short. That is, until now! These muffins are not quite the same as their famous muffins, but equally as good.
The inspiration for these muffins actually come from two places, my husbands aunts famous muffins and Mimi’s Cafe’s Honey Bran Muffins. Mimi’s muffins are different than my husbands aunts in that Mimi’s are covered in a sticky honey glaze that will knock your socks off. They are more of a dessert muffin than a healthy bran muffin, but absolutely delicious none the less. After a little trial and error, I married the two muffins I love so much into one perfect Honey Bran Muffin recipe. These muffins are sure to be your new favorite!
Tips & Tricks:
- If you don’t have grapeseed oil or cannot find it, you can substitute vegetable oil or canola oil.
- You are going to need two jumbo muffin tins for this recipe. You can find some on Amazon by clicking here.
- It is extremely important that you flip the muffins out of the pan and onto the parchment paper immediately after they come out of the oven, otherwise those babies will be stuck in there forever.
- I like to eat my muffins warm with a little bit of salted butter on top.
- Spray the top of your muffin pan with cooking spray so the top edges of the muffins don’t stick to the pan.