Ooey gooey honey bran muffins. Just like the ones from Mimi’s Cafe. Perfectly sweet, a little chewy and the perfect breakfast treat.
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
For the muffins:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray and grease two JUMBO muffin tins with cooking spray. (This recipe will make 6-8 jumbo muffins. If you want 12 jumbo muffins then 1.5x the recipe).
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Distribute the glaze evenly among 6-8 tins in the muffin pans. About 1 1/2 tbsp per muffin tin.
- For the muffin batter, whisk together brown sugar, honey, molasses, oil, water, sour cream and the egg. Whisk until the mixture is homogeneous and smooth.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture until no flour streaks remain.
- Divide batter evenly among the 6-8 muffin tin spots (be careful to only fill them halfway full, otherwise they will spill over the pan and make a mess in your oven)
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately line a cooling rack with parchment paper and carefully flip the muffin tins over, allowing the muffins to slide out onto the parchment paper.
- Let cool slightly and then eat warm with a pat of butter.
- Category: Breakfast, Muffins
Keywords: Bran Muffins, Breakfast, Muffins, Honey Bran Muffins