2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 tbsp grapefruit zest
1 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 cups + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp salt
1 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
1 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 5 minutes on medium/high speed. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and grapefruit zest and mix together on medium/high speed for 3 minutes.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until just barely combined and flour is fully mixed in.
- Add chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts and mix for 10-20 seconds until mixed in.
- Scoop dough into 4 oz sized balls. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, scoop into 1/3-1/2 cup sized dough balls.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Rotating the pan halfway through bake time.
- Cookies won’t spread much. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply