Lemon bars with a poppy seed twist! These lemon bars are sweet, tart, gooey and oh so delicious. The perfect treat for any occasion!
For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup passion fruit juice, or an additional 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup flour
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3–1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or stand mixer add butter, flour, sugar and salt. Mix on low if using a hand mixer until incorporated or pulse a few times until incorporated if using a food processor.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and then spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Press the dough into the parchment lined pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
For the filling:
- Whisk together all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly pour the filling onto the crust and return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until set. The mixture should still be somewhat jiggly but not liquid still.
- Remove and let cool completely before transferring to the fridge for a couple hours to set up completely.
- Once cool, remove from the fridge and dust the top with the powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: lemon bars, lemon dessert, citrus dessert, dessert idea, lemon poppyseed, poppyseed, lemon poppyseed bars