Hands down the best pot roast you will ever eat. Chuck roast slow cooked in butter, dry ranch mix, pepperoncinis and butter. How can you go wrong?
- 3–4 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1– 1 oz packet dry ranch mix
- 1– 1 oz auj jus gravy mix
- 12 pepperoncinis
- 2 tbsp pepperoncini juice
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- Buns for serving
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on high heat.
- Pat chuck roast dry with paper towels. Season all sides liberally with the salt and pepper.
- Coat the chuck roast in the flour.
- Sear the chuck roast in the hot olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Carefully remove from the skillet and add the chuck roast to a crock pot.
- Sprinkle dry ranch mix and au jus mix all over the top of the roast.
- Cut butter into slices and top roast with butter.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, vinegar, pepperoncini juice and mayonnaise. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour mixture overtop of the roast.
- Add 12 pepperoncini peppers overtop of the roast.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat with slotted spoon and shred. (It should just fall apart at this point)
- Serve roast on toasted buns and dip sandwiches into the excess liquid from the crock pot like you would with a French dip.
Keywords: Pot Roast, Mississippi, Beef, Sandwiches