Peach season is officially here! It is my favorite time of the year. Peaches are hands down my very favorite fruit and they are so versatile! You can use them in both sweet and savory dishes. I kid you not, I visit my local produce stand every other day August through September to buy more peaches. I probably eat 2 peaches a day during peach season, that’s how much I love them. The only bummer is peach season only lasts 2 months out of the year and if you buy peaches outside of peach season, they typically are no good! So get ready for loads of new peach recipes over the next couple of months!
My favorite peach dessert of all time are these Peach Crack Bars. They are just that…. crack. They are no bake and made with fresh chopped peaches and there is no peeling involved. This dessert is so easy to throw together and will knock your socks off. It is the first dessert I make each year when the first picking of peaches becomes available and I probably make it 4-5 times throughout peach season. I love it that much! It starts with a Golden Oreo and Vanilla Wafer Crust and is then layered with a whipped cream and cream cheese frosting and then it’s topped with loads of fresh chopped peaches tossed in a subtle orange almond glaze.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you aren’t a fan of peach skin, you can definitely peel them but I prefer them left on and it makes the whole process a lot easier.
- If you are rushed for time, you can skip the glaze all together and just top the bars with fresh chopped peaches. I have actually done this a couple times and it’s still incredible.
- This dessert will only last 2-3 days in the fridge before the peaches start to brown and get soggy so be sure to eat it quickly (good luck making it last that long anyway!)
Peach Crack Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
My favorite peach dessert of all time. A Golden Oreo and Vanilla Wafer crust with a layer of sweetened cream cheese and whipped cream frosting and then topped with loads of fresh peaches with a subtle orange almond glaze.
For the crust:
- 25 Golden Oreos
- 25 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the whipped cream frosting:
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the peach topping:
- 6 cups fresh chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
For the crust:
- Using a food processor crush Golden Oreos and Vanilla Wafers into small crumbs, leaving a few large chunks throughout. Alternatively crush cookies in a gallon size Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Combine crushed cookies, melted butter and salt until the cookies are fully coated in butter.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and then firmly press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer to harden while you make the remaining components.
For the frosting:
- Whip the heavy cream and the sugar in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Remove the whipped cream to a different small bowl.
- Using the same large bowl you made the whipped cream in, add softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, mix on medium speed for 2 minutes being sure to scrap the bottom and sides of the bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until everything is nice and smooth.
For the peach topping:
- In a medium sized sauce pan add all topping ingredients except for the fresh peaches and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and pour the glaze into an airtight container and put it in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or so.
- Once the glaze is cool, pour it all over the fresh peaches and stir to combine.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the whipped cream frosting evenly over the top of the crust.
- Pour the glazed peaches all over the top of the frosting and spread them out evenly.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately. Keep in mind, these bars are not perfectly set and sometimes won’t completely stay together but they are delicious nonetheless.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Peaches, Peach, Peach Bars, Peach Dessert, Peaches and Cream, Peach Crack, Peach Season, Golden Oreo, Vanilla Wafer
Please forgive my question, but do these call for actual wafers or like Nilla Wafer cookies?
Nilla Wafer Cookies!
Everyone loved this dessert!