Hearty peach muffins loaded with fresh chopped peaches and topped with a homemade struesel.
For the muffins:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh diced peaches
For the struesel:
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
For the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl add both flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer add both sugars and eggs. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add melted butter, applesauce, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix on low until no flour streaks remain. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the 3 cups fresh chopped peaches until just combined.
- Spray 2 large jumbo muffin pans or 2 regular muffin pans with baking spray.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the struesel (recipe below) evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes if using a jumbo muffin pan. If using a regular muffin pan, start checking the muffins at 17 minutes. They are done when a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
For the streusel:
- In a small bowl combine all the streusel ingredients and mix with two forks or a pastry cutter until small crumbs form.
Keywords: Muffins, Peach Muffins, Fresh Peach Muffins, Peach Strudel Muffins, Peach Recipe, Peach Dessert, Breakfast, Breakfast Muffin