Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Trust me, I hate eating boring food. We are headed to Maui, Hawaii next month and I am trying to lose a few extra pounds before we go so I am counting my macros. When I am tracking my macros I try and still cook really flavorful food. One of the dishes I love to make when I’m doing strict macros is Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa.
This recipe is super simple and really straight forward. The work is all in the chopping, there’s lots of chopping to do in this recipe. I love making this at the beginning of the week and then use it throughout the week to add flavor to things like grilled chicken, shrimp, shredded pork, basically on top of any protein.
Tips & Tricks:
- Like I said, this recipe is super simple so there aren’t a lot of tricks for it!
- One tip is that if you aren’t a fan of any one particular ingredient, substitute it for something else, add chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, mangoes, really the options are endless!
Makes 38- 1/4 cup servings
- 2 whole pineapples, cored and chopped into small chunks
- 1 1/2 bunches cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced really small
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 3 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, plus more to taste
- Add all prepared ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Macros: 1/4 cup= 25 calories, 0.1 fat, 5.9 carbs, 0.4