Happy April Fools Day! It’s no joke, I’m back!! After a year hiatus of having a rough pregnancy and then recovering postpartum, I haven’t been able to take the time to create and post new recipes but I am so excited to say that I am back creating new recipes for you guys again. I’m especially excited about this new cookie recipe featuring semi-sweet chocolate, roasted and salted pistachios and chopped toffee bars!
If you live in Utah you know we are known for our cookie/soda shops! You can find one in every city and there are multiple to choose from. My personal favorite happens to be Crave Cookies. They are hands down the number one cookie shop in Utah, in my opinion. My favorite cookie of theirs is the Pistoffee which is what I re-created for you today. I think I came ridiculously close to the original and I am pretty dang proud of it. This cookie is now in my top 3 favorite cookie recipes, it’s that good!
Tips & Tricks:
- For once, this dough requires no chilling but if you don’t want to bake them all at once, the dough freezes great and can be baked from frozen by adding a minute or two to the baking time.
- Don’t roll the dough into perfect uniform balls, mound it up so that it sits tall and resembles a jaggity mountain, think the matterhorn. This helps the cookies shape as they bake.
- You can use Heath toffee bars, Skor bars or Heath baking bits for the toffee part.
- Don’t forget to be sure and measure your pistachios AFTER they have been shelled.
- I like to top my cookies with a bit of flaked sea salt right after they come out of the oven to make them even more sweet and salty!