There might not be a better all around dessert than a good chocolate chip cookie. A good chocolate chip cookie is one of my biggest weaknesses. Extra emphasis on good! A good chocolate chip cookie to me is not super gooey, not completely flat and definitely does not have milk chocolate chips. Yuck! Instead its soft, chewy, has a little bit of height to it but not a ton, has a good amount of salt and is loaded with high quality semi sweet chocolate. My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time can be found here.
After your classic chocolate chip cookie comes a wide variety of variations. Oatmeal Biscoff chocolate chip cookies, Island inspired chocolate chip cookies, my husbands favorite flat and chewy chocolate chip cookies, sweet and salty pretzel chocolate chip cookies and many more that I have yet to share on here. This new combination might be one of my best ideas yet. I combined a classic chocolate chip cookie with my favorite Tru Fru Chocolate Covered Raspberries and the end result came out better than I could even imagine!
This chocolate chip cookie recipe starts with a classic chocolate chip cookie base with a not-so-secret ingredient, vanilla pudding mix. The pudding adds a ton of extra moisture to the cookie, resulting in the softest cookie you will ever try. It’s then loaded with chocolate covered raspberries and chocolate chips and baked quickly in the oven. No chilling required for this dough! Best news ever. Give these cookies a try next time you are in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. I hope you love the fruity twist on them as much as I do!
Tips & Tricks
- If you do not have access to Tru Fru Chocolate Covered Rasperries you can use frozen raspberries instead and add an extra 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Results may turn out slightly different though!
- You can make this dough ahead of time and freeze the cookie dough for cookies whenever you are in the mood for them!
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft baked cookies loaded with chocolate chips and Tru Fru Chocolate Covered Raspberries puts a delicious and fruity twist on your classic chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped Tru Fru Chocolate Covered Raspberries
- 1/2–3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugars and mix on medium high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla pudding mix and mix on medium speed for another 30-60 seconds or until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and vanilla and then mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed and mix until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in your Chocolate Covered Raspberries and chocolate chips until evenly dispersed throughout the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1/4 cup sized dough balls.
- Bake 6 at a time on a half sheet pan for 10-12 minutes or until set in the center and just slightly golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack.
Leave a Reply