Who doesn’t love a good S’more? I’ll be completely transparent with you guys… ME! It’s true, I don’t like actual S’mores. I think they are messy, way too sugary and not worth the hassle. I know, I’m such a fun hater. But the funny thing is that I love anything S’more’s flavored!! S’more’s Blondies, S’more’s Granola Bars and especially my S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. This cookie is easily in my top 3 favorite cookies that I make and that’s saying something because I make a lot of cookies!
These cookies start with a traditional chocolate chip cookie dough base with brown and white sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butter. The “secret” ingredient that comes next is the hint of cinnamon. It’s subtle, but enough to take these cookies to the next level. I also added a whole cup of graham cracker crumbs to the batter, rather than using an additional cup of flour so that the graham cracker taste really comes through. Once the dough is done, you’ll fold in half of the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker chunks and then about halfway through the baking process, you’ll add more marshmallows and chocolate to the top of each cookie! Have I convinced you to make these yet? You might want to make a double batch!
Tips & Tricks:
- Rather than have to make your own graham cracker crumbs, did you know you can buy them in crumb form at the store? You can find them right by the regular graham crackers!
- I know that chilling the cookie dough isn’t ideal but I have tried these cookies both ways and the texture is so much better if the cookie dough has been chilled first, so just trust me on this one!
- You can of course substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk chocolate, but like I always say, I will judge you for it! HAHA!
S’more’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 80 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 92 minutes
- Yield: 19–21 1x
The ultimate summertime cookie! All the deliciousness of a S’more without the mess. This chocolate chip cookies is loaded with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate! It will satisfy all your S’more’s cravings!
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks salted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + 1/3 cup reserved
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows + 1/2 cup reserved
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker chunks (nickel sized)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes until butter is completely mixed in.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture and mix on low until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips, graham cracker chunks and 1/2 cup of marshmallows.
- Scoop dough into 1/4 sized dough balls (you should get 19-21 cookies) and freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes, but preferably an hour or refrigerate for 3 hours up to overnight.
- Once cookies are chilled, bake for 8 minutes and then remove the cookies from the oven and push 3 marshmallows and 3 chocolate chips into the top of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden brown and the marshmallows have just started to brown.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: Cookies, S’mores, S’mores Cookies, Campfire Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, S’mores Dessert
Leave a Reply