*This is a sponsored post*
My husband and I recently talked about the idea of moving out of our house. We have lived in our current house for almost 5 years now and we’ve always known that we would move out of it someday but our current situation is so hard to leave. We rent the basement of our home and the rent from that pays most of our mortgage. You can see now why leaving would be hard! We ultimately decided we would stay in our current home until it felt more “right” to leave and to be honest the thought of moving really stresses me out! Moving is a lot of work, especially when you have kids!
If you hire local movers that are inexperienced and unequipped to handle your move, it’ll just put even more work on you. Muscle Men Movers has 6 years of moving experience and they offer services such as residential moving, commercial moving, labor only, packing, piano and organ moving plus much more. These labor movers in Ogden Utah are worth the investment of helping your sanity to focus on other things you want to do, like baking cookies or packing your valuable items.
Now onto these S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you are a good charitable neighbor and you have a new family move into your neighborhood, you’ll quickly become their new favorite neighbor if you deliver them a plate of these bad boys. I love the nostalgic tradition of taking your newly-just-moved-in neighbors a “welcome to the neighborhood” gift. Moving to a new place is scary and nerve wrecking, especially if you are moving somewhere where you don’t know anyone. I can’t think of anything more welcoming than a fresh plate of chocolate chip cookies, or in this cake S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These cookies start with a traditional chocolate chip cookie dough base with brown and white sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butter. The “secret” ingredient that comes next is the hint of cinnamon. It’s subtle, but enough to take these cookies to the next level. I also added a whole cup of graham cracker crumbs to the batter, rather than using an additional cup of flour so that the graham cracker taste really comes through. Once the dough is done, you’ll fold in mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker chunks. Have I convinced you to make these yet? You might want to make a double batch so you can take some to your new neighbor and keep a plate for yourself!
Tips & Tricks
- The marshmallows in these cookies cause these cookies to spread and get extra gooey and sometimes not perfectly circular. My favorite way to re-shape these cookies is with a large circular cookie cutter. I put the cookie cutter over the cookie right when it comes out of the oven and move it around in a circular motion so that it re-forms the cookie into a perfect circle. If you don’t have a large circular cookie cutter, reshape them while they are hot with a spatula.
- I love Kamut flour and use it often. I highly recommend trying it but if you are unable to find it, all purpose flour works just fine. The same thing goes for the french grey salt, it is my favorite gourmet salt, especially for baking but a good quality sea salt will work just fine too!
- The cold butter allows these cookies to not spread too much when baked in the oven. If you don’t use butter straight out of the fridge, you’re cookies will be way too thin and spread out way too much so make sure you use cold butter.
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose white Kamut flour (or regular all purpose if you can’t find Kamut)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp french grey salt or coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks cold butter cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker chunks (nickel sized)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes until butter is completely mixed in.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture and mix on low until no flour streaks remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips, graham cracker chunks and marshmallows.
- Scoop dough into 3 tbsp sized dough balls.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are just barely golden brown. Re-shape the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven with a large circular cookie cutter or with a spatula. Let cool on the pan 5-10 minutes before eating.